How to get a Medical Shirt
Our way of sending you Medical Shirts is in our Care Package. You will choose the shirt size and style, then checkout through our cart…just like normal shopping. We package the rest of the items listed below. There are no charges for shipping or care packages thanks to our donors!
LFB Medical Shirts make a difference!
• Meets infection control requirements during production
• Comes in an infection control sealed bag
• Snaps up and down each side, along the top of the shoulder; although the newest shirts come apart into two separate pieces
• Allows easy access to IVs, port and lines
• 3″ longer than a normal t-shirt, like the length of a hospital gown
• Enables privacy for patients and restores dignity
• Promotes normalcy
• Meets hospital requirements
• MRI and X-ray safe
• No tags on shirt
• Fun and inspiring to wear
What’s in our Care Package?
• 3 medical shirts • 1 pair of socks • 1 roll-up blanket • 1 tumbler with straw • Clear zip tote, with fun activities to promote positive coping during treatment! Each patient can customize their care package by choosing from three Medical Shirts, specify their shirt size and tell us about their favorite colors and interests. We ship care packages within 24-48 hours of your request. You will receive an email notification with a tracking number and another email for delivery confirmation. Care packages should be delivered within 5-7 days. If you request a care package and have not received it within 7 days, please contact us at email@example.com.
Why did Luke choose these items?
I created this shirt when I was sick because I did not like the hospital gown. I want you to have one too!
Having a comfortable pair of socks is so important. I was inside so much and having great socks with some light grip really helped me while I moved through the hospital and even in my house.
Everyone, sick or not, likes a good blanket! The one we chose is just the right weight. The blanket has its own story for me because it was a gift from a stranger when I was first admitted into the hospital. My mother was in the waiting room while I was doing a procedure, and a woman came up to my mom and gave her a blanket she had made. She said that God told her that I needed the blanket and she wanted my mom to give it to me. I used that blanket throughout my entire treatment. It is a nice blanket, but it is special because someone gave it to me out of love and support. I hope the LFB blanket gives you the same feeling.
TUMBLER WITH STRAW
The right water bottle with the right straw really helps during hospital stays. Watching your water levels is important to help track fluids. Our water bottle is bright, insulated and lets you see how you are doing with fluids.
During my treatment, I wore a bracelet with encouraging words to help keep a positive attitude. Our LFB bracelets are designed to help you stay positive. I still wear mine today!
CLEAR ZIP TOTE
Of course you need a cool bag to carry all your LFB gear!
Medical Shirts for Patients
History of LFB Medical Shirts
OUR FIRST STYLE
Our first medical shirt was the shirt that Luke wore during his treatments. It snapped up both sides to the armpit. We used lots of colors to choose from in our designs.
OUR SECOND STYLE
We realized we needed to alter the shirt for easier access. This second shirt design snapped up both sides to the armpit and from the neck to the end of the top arm sleeve. We used neon shirt colors for our designs.
OUR NEWEST STYLE
These shirts are the best we have produced! They come apart into two separate pieces and can be accessed from either side. We decided on gray colored shirts with fun colors for our designs.
Child Life Specialist
The feedback of the shirts has been extremely positive from both families and healthcare providers. I know nurses found these incredibly beneficial. We are also finding that compliance has increased becasue the child does not need to remove their top. These are a HUGE asset!
Chayse is in the hospital most of the time now and these shirts make accessing his port so much easier. He HATES anyone lifting up his shirt and looking or accessing his port.
Thank you to Luke’s FastBreaks for sending Grayson this awesome shirt. It makes it so much easier for him to have his port accessed, especially when the nurses come into the room at night.
Abigail’s stress of port accesses is greatly reduced due to Luke’s FastBreaks. They allow her to not have to remove her shirt! Thank you!
A favorite when we have to go for biopsies; makes life so much easier! We can’t wait to share this shirt with another warrior we know.
Great organization and idea! My son (8) had been chilling in his underwear for the past month to avoid fighting with the hospital gown! This shirt is genius and so appreciated!
We were gifted some really AWESOME port shirts from Luke’s FastBreaks! Lukas loved his new shirt today, it made getting accessed and deaccessed much easier. He hates taking his shirt off, so being able to just pull a side down makes for less crying!
It’s crazy how much you take for granted when you don’t eat through a G-tube and breathe through a vent. Clothes are hard to find!